Re: Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

  • From: Alain Hebert
  • Date: Tue Apr 11 02:05:34 2006

Paul Vixie wrote:

[email protected] (Simon Lyall) writes:

I've said in other forums the only solution for this sort of software is
to return the wrong time (by several months). The owner might actually
notice then and fix the problem.

that creates new liability, and isn't realistic in today's litigious world.

(Suprise to read that from PV.)

It is DIX resources/equipements... they are not oblige to offer reliable/secure/valide/etc services to anybody outside their clients.

It like saying that blacklist services like spamcop should be liable for mail servers XYZ deleting your email.

Anyway *litigious* is kinda limited our south neighbourgh... DIX is under a different legal system.

Good luck to DLink lawyers trying to bend reality enought the make DLink right... and oblige DIX to offer NTP to DLink customers for free.

Now if we can get this letter into Wired...

--
Alain Hebert [email protected] PubNIX Inc. P.O. Box 175 Beaconsfield, Quebec H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911 http://www.pubnix.net fax 514-990-9443