Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Sun Nov 28 13:49:44 2004

My preference lies in making the policies a lot stricter, and actively
verifying current delegations. I see a lot of ASN's requested just for
fun with no real motive behind it.
I think this is already the case, at least with ARIN... I have definitely
had to thoroughly justify each and every ASN I have received from them in
the last 2 years (total of 6).  In fact, I think it was actually harder
to get an ASN than to get v4 prefixes in that same time period.

I think it is not unreasonable to work towards a policy of 1 AS gets
at least one IPv6 prefix and no AS can originate more than one prefix
longer than /32 (/33-/64).  I think that combined with the current
policies towards ASN issuance is probably reasonable routing table
size.

Owen