Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Sat Nov 27 22:05:30 2004

In a message written on Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 06:25:52PM +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> All I hear is how this company or that enterprise "should qualify" for
> PI space. What I don't hear is what's going to happen when the routing
> tables grow too large, or how to prevent this. I think just about
> anyone "should qualify", but ONLY if there is some form of aggregation
> possible. PI in IPv6 without aggregation would be a bigger mistake than
> all other IPv6 mistakes so far.

I find it interesting that no operators are screaming that there will be
too many routes, but that all the IPv6 researchers are bringing forth
this view.

8 years too late guys.  We've figured out table management.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org