Re: BBC does IPv6 ;) (Was: large multi-site enterprises and PI

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Sun Nov 28 13:51:37 2004

--On Sunday, November 28, 2004 1:21 PM +0100 Henning Brauer <[email protected]> wrote:

* Cliff Albert <[email protected]> [2004-11-28 13:13]:
Therefore I also agree with daniel that there is not really a problem
with the 1 ASN == 1 IPv6 Prefix.
unless I miss something in that proposal that means that we'll see a
dramatic increase in ASNs - I mean, it is not like only organizations
with an ASN assigned have v4 space now. If they have their portable
address space now, why should they suddenly accept that they had to
renumber when changing providers?

Why should they go to v6 at all?

Owen