Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Jun 25 15:26:21 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:47:07 PDT, Jeff Shultz <[email protected]>  said:

> The problem with being totally open about infrastructure is that there
> are some vulnerabilities that simply cannot or will not be fixed -
> wires sometimes have to run across bridges, redundant pumping stations
> are too expensive... in these cases is it not better to hide where
> these vulnerabilities are?

Anybody with a Rand McNally map of Manhattan can connect the dots for themselves.

Unless you're proposing that we issue Soviet-style maps that show the Brooklyn
Bridge between Williamsburg Bridge and Queens-Midtown Tunnel.

Or did you mean we should make the Brooklyn Bridge invisible so we can't
see it?  There's this magician looking for another prime-time TV special, you know???