Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Jun 24 18:07:19 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Grant A. Kirkwood wrote:

> Ben Browning said:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > A lengthy timeline for action to be taken, from the viewpoint of the
> > attacked, is indistinguishable from tacit approval of the attacks. I don't
> > imagine MCI has a lengthy timeline when replying to sales email or billing
> > issues.
>

> You ARE kidding, right?

Sorry, I'll reply to ben's message part here: "Actually getting sales
involved is a timely process from my perspective :( I used to know a sales
person I could count on, he got RIF'd so now finding someone to help a
customer that needs an upgrade is a very difficult task."

Keep in mind, this is a very large corporation, Abuse/Security is in an
entirely different arm of the beast than the Sales/marketting folks :(
Affecting change from either direction is often times 'challenging'.

-Chris