Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Jun 24 18:02:58 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Ben Browning wrote:

> At 11:34 PM 6/23/2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
> >I'd also point out someting that any provider will tell you: "Spammers
> >never pay their bills."
>
> Yes, but this is not a problem for a large carrier, as the people that
> receive it sure do. In other words, the money you lose on the spammer is
> subsidized by all the people that pay you to receive it.

this is not entirely true, a majority of these far-end customers are
paying the same price regardless of utilization. Even the utilization
charged customers are not having their 95th Percentile changed because of
spam, or that'd be my guess. In the end there is no money for mci from
spammers.

-chris