Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Sun Mar 14 22:20:22 2004

Andrew Dorsett  [3/15/2004 8:26 AM] :

That's protected by port security.  Just limit them to one mac address per
port.  So only the last machine transmitting will get the reply.  Works
quite well, shut me down for a few days a few years ago when it was first
turned on.

Most common or garden wireless APs / broadband routers will let you clone the mac address, so this is not exactly difficult to get around

And what is wrong with setting up a hub or something in a dormroom? I find it quite convenient to leave both my PC and a laptop running on my desk, for various reasons (too many open terminals and windows is one of them ...)

srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations