Re: News of ISC Developing BIND Patch

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 00:39:52 2003

At 12:20 AM 17/09/2003, Paul Vixie wrote:

> The next version of the root-servers.net hints file should not have any
> netSOL owned root servers in it.  That will make the transition easier.

excuse me for the harsh language, but that's just silly.  verisign's root
name servers (a-root and j-root) are professionally run by some of the best
dns techs in the industry.  nothing that's happening with dot-com or dot-net
I trust your assessment of the DNS techs. But what about the DNS tech's bosses? They ordered some pretty lumpy things be done with .com and .net. Given that track record, whats to stop them from ordering the GTLD techs from doing something equally lumpy.

---Mike