Re: News of ISC Developing BIND Patch

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Wed Sep 17 00:24:48 2003

> The next version of the root-servers.net hints file should not have any
> netSOL owned root servers in it.  That will make the transition easier.

excuse me for the harsh language, but that's just silly.  verisign's root
name servers (a-root and j-root) are professionally run by some of the best
dns techs in the industry.  nothing that's happening with dot-com or dot-net
should be considered relevant to verisign's *root* servers in any way.  the
*root* servers do not carry dot-com or dot-net, they just carry "." itself,
and arpa, and in-addr.arpa, and in some cases root-servers.net.
--
Paul Vixie