Re: Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Fri Sep 06 14:24:55 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 01:55:40PM -0400, batz wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Pawlukiewicz Jane wrote:
> :would be difficult to reach. I'd have to run a model to be sure, but
> :every one of the major seven have rerouting methodologies that would
> :recover from the loss. And I don't think they exclusively peer at
>
> ASN's to "fail", then see who is still connected, but we are
> still dealing with connectivity relatve to us and our peers,
> even 5+ AS-hops away.
>
> I would imagine this is one of the tasks CAIDA.org is probably
> working on, as it seems to fall within their mission.

	Coming up with the as interconnection data is actaully fairly
easy if you parse route-views data.  This obviously doesn't cover
every possible interconnection that exists but it does provide
a large swath of data to review for the interconnection
postulation.

	Looking at that data, (this is an old snapshot) the top ten
networks are:  (in #10->#1 order)

conn  ASN
----+----
 161 3356