Anyone home at SBC Security group ??

  • From: John M. Brown
  • Date: Mon Sep 02 21:37:01 2002

Just as I post "good jobs" to those that have respond quickly to
active security issues (read NOT spam), I'll post those that stall
and are less than responsive.

Calling any security person at SBC.  Your customer 65.71.193.155

is currently performing actions against networks we help manage
and those actions are impacting their ability to provide service.

over 8 hours ago, an email was sent to your published [email protected]
address an there has been no reponse, yet the traffic continues.

A call to the NOC number listed for the IP block, yielded a "
can't help you, send email to [email protected], they will get to it
when they do. With no ability to escalate given email failure"

The attack has been underway for over 12 hours.

If you have valid, helpful (solves this attack problem), and
are from SBC, please reply PRIVATELY, so as not to invalidate
the NANOG S/N ratios.

We now return you to heavy discusions about SMTP headers,
there legality, and other such standard NANOG topics.

cheers

john brown