Re: What is the limit? (was RE: multi-homing fixes)

  • From: Andrew Partan
  • Date: Wed Aug 29 23:33:12 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 08:10:42PM -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
> Err. Water and electricvity make a dangerous mix.

Ya.  My air handling systems seem to deal with it OK.

These big routers all seem to want more & more power - and thus
generate more & more heat.  Its time to think of other ways of
cooling them other than trying to cool more & more air.  I suspect
that sooner or later air cooling isn't going to handle it.  Thus
the question of what you replace cold air with.

I suppose you could put routers in wind tunnels, but then getting
a technician in there to do OIR is going to be a bit tricky.

	[email protected] (Andrew Partan)