Re: What is the limit? (was RE: multi-homing fixes)

  • From: Andrew Partan
  • Date: Wed Aug 29 22:53:24 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:33:19PM +1000, David Luyer wrote:
> But I don't think people are going to be interested in liquid
> cooled routers, even if they do have a nice couch :-)

It may be time to start thinking about other means of powering &
cooling this equipment.  The current method of big DC cables and
lots of fans may not work for all that much longer.

I have proposed to various router vendors the possibility of giving
them a chilled water feed instead of lots of cool air.  At the
moment they seem to not need it, but I would not be surprized to
find something like this needed at some point.
	[email protected] (Andrew Partan)