Re: What is the limit? (was RE: multi-homing fixes)

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Wed Aug 29 23:27:05 2001

At 11:10 PM 8/29/01, Vadim Antonov wrote:

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Andrew Partan wrote:

> I have proposed to various router vendors the possibility of giving
> them a chilled water feed instead of lots of cool air.  At the
> moment they seem to not need it, but I would not be surprized to
> find something like this needed at some point.

Err. Water and electricvity make a dangerous mix.
And this was not a problem in IBM Mainframe computers because?

I'm not registering an opinion one way or the other at this point on whether routers should consider other forms of cooling, but using water or other liquids to cool electronics is not a new concept. Properly engineered, there is no particular danger.
Daniel Senie [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc. http://www.amaranth.com