Re: Network for Sale

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Thu Feb 22 00:39:43 2001

<last rant>

I am not one of the guys "there" and do not take credit for their work. I wont bother arguing the same comments that are posted once a year. It would probably bring up the argument of defining transit free and tier1. Im not sure a arguing a company with 4 T1s and limited public peering was tier1. I think there is a bit more there and it was not a "little" evolution. That credit goes to the 185 some odd employees there today "making it happen." I think it's wrong to cheapen the efforts of all those who put in the hours there to take it to 50 facilities and overbuild the network at least 4 times since.

Anyone want to remember gated and those old GRF routers? To all the peers that peered with Netrail when a BGP session bounced, and just gave us a nod instead of a shout... you deserve some thanks also. I would like to believe some of the lessons learned from the GRFs ended up reincarnated in todays Junipers.