RE: florida ix(en) facing south

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Thu Dec 21 23:11:23 2000

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Scott Patterson wrote:

> We have been involved in both potential NAPs from the beginning, but seems
> the one with most involvement is NOTA (Nap of the Americas).  Which is the
> only one we are pursuing now.  Check out the website
> (http://www.napoftheamericas.com/) for all of the details and member
> listings thus far.  They are turning up an interim facility in the next
> month or so, with the permanent facility to open sometime next summer.  Very

Annoying web site.  Impressive list of members.  How do we tell who's
really going to be there before we commit to the expense of being there?
Why on earth would someone turn up an interim NAP knowing a "permenant
facility" will come next year?  Do they really expect participants to put
out the work and expense to connect to a NAP knowing they'll have to rip
gear and circuits out and move in the near future?  We're not all .com's
burning VC money to keep our hands warm while we work in buildings where
the A/C only works in the winter and is actually run when it's 30-40F
outside.

Does anyone make typing gloves?  (you thought I was kidding about the A/C)

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |