RE: florida ix(en) facing south

  • From: Daniel L. Golding
  • Date: Fri Dec 22 09:39:31 2000

Jon,

Keep in mind that all of those actions, including turning up an interim
facility, were voted on by the membership. It's not like a MAE, where the
operator can take action without the consent of the members. As far as who
is going to be there - I would assume that the vast majority of members
will be in the facility pretty quickly. Of course, that doesn't translate
into willingness to peer with anyone. I know of several members who have
no intention of peering on the public fabric - only privately. All of the
"big guys" going in, intend to sell transit in the facility as well.

- Dan Golding