Re: small device with IP address

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Thu Dec 21 20:40:18 2000

sparc ipc/ipx on ebay?

joelja

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a device somewhere that is small, cheap, has
> 1 10mbit (or 100mbit) ethernet port and a small IP stack that enable you
> to set ip address and default gateway on it (dhcp perhaps?).
>
> I would like to put something like this at some customers to use for
> pinging to see that the customer is reachable. Cost should preferrably be
> in the $50-$100 range.

Joel Jaeggli				       [email protected]
Academic User Services			     [email protected]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.