RE: Packet Loss

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Thu Dec 14 16:41:54 2000

> Never under-estimate the bandwidth of a mini-van filled with DLT tapes, on
> the freeway at 65 mph.
> 	- updated to current - rmeyer - original author unknown

the earliest attribution I've seen is the internet jargon files

:sneakernet definition

:sneakernet: /snee'ker-net/ /n./  Term used (generally with
   ironic intent) for transfer of electronic information by physically
   carrying tape, disks, or some other media from one machine to
   another.  "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon
   filled with magtape, or a 747 filled with CD-ROMs."  Also called
   `Tennis-Net', `Armpit-Net', `Floppy-Net' or `Shoenet'.

Joel Jaeggli				       [email protected]
Academic User Services			     [email protected]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.