Re: Operational impact of filtering SMB/NETBIOS traffic?

  • From: Mike Johnson
  • Date: Mon Nov 20 18:10:59 2000

Dennis Glatting [[email protected]] wrote:

> Dumb question:
>
> Could filtering be considered a violation of First Amendment rights?
> Furthermore, when is it and when is it not?

Uh, I think that might be taking things a little too far.  I really
think the only law involved -might- be contractual (IE, 'our contract
says they our connect is unfiltered' or some such).  You can sign
contracts that limit your speech (NDA's, for instance), so I don't
really see this as a First Amendment thing.

Mike
--
Mike Johnson
Network Engineer / iSun Networks, Inc.