Re: whois

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Tue Oct 24 09:50:15 2000

[email protected] wrote:

>         Er, begging to differ. Only when electrodes are implanted
>         in peoples brains and the activation circuits are accessable
>         via paging (or something similar) will you get the types of
>         response you think you want.  Either that or if their is
>         a business relationship w/ your "SWAT" team, e.g. they are
>         paid to be a your beck/call on a 24/7/365 basis.

Are you really saying that if I tell you that a dial-up user on your network
hacked into my system at some precise time, from a precise IP address
(so that you could probably tell easily which user did it), and did so
in a fashion
which suggested an automated "script kiddie" effort, I should only
expect a response from you if I PAY for it ?!?

This seems pretty close to the "protection" money that I hear people with
POP's in Moscow have to pay :)

(BTW, I said nothing about timeliness
or 24x7 availability - a note a week or two later would have sufficed.)

--

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 201
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : [email protected]     http://www.on-the-i.com