Re: whois

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Oct 24 10:17:02 2000

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:53:16 EDT, Marshall Eubanks <[email protected]>  said:
> Are you really saying that if I tell you that a dial-up user on your network
> hacked into my system at some precise time, from a precise IP address
> (so that you could probably tell easily which user did it), and did so
> in a fashion
> which suggested an automated "script kiddie" effort, I should only
> expect a response from you if I PAY for it ?!?

Umm... would you be satisfied with a "We've referred it to the appropriate
people" response?

At least here, and probably many other universities, we're stuck not being
able to say much more than that due to student confidentiality rules...

Yes, we take action.  No, we usually can't say what we did.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst