Re: Now the idiots at ORBS are probing random dial-ups

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Fri Aug 25 20:50:57 2000

[ On Friday, August 25, 2000 at 11:18:07 (-0400), Shawn McMahon wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Now the idiots at ORBS are probing random dial-ups
>
> Greg, as usual, you just plain don't know what the hell you're talking about.
>
> SMTP works just fine with dynamic IPs, *IF* both ends are following
> the relevant RFCs.

Excuse me?  If you have a technical point to make, then please make it.

Otherwise please pay attention to to the real world and real world
requirements.

Even with properly functioning dynamic DNS updates it's not uncommon for
users who attempt to use SMTP on what are really dynamic IP addresses to
not receive their mail on occasion..

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>