Re: NRIC Monitoring ISPs

  • From: Kelly J. Cooper
  • Date: Fri Aug 25 16:08:35 2000

On Aug 25, 12:43pm, Sean Donelan wrote:
> Subject: Re: NRIC Monitoring ISPs
*
*On Fri, 25 August 2000, Roy wrote:
*> Since the NRIC is contacting industry groups, it seems to me that they should
*> contact NANOG!  Perhaps NRIC  will present at the next meeting?
*
*I've only been to one NRIC meeting.  What a snore.  Not even any good
*hallway/bar conversations.
*
*The problem with the Internet is it either has too many industry groups
*or not enough.  CIX, ITAA, ISP/C, TISPA, ISOC, IETF, ICANN, IOPS, ASPF,
*etc.  And AOL is a industry representative of one.  The reality is NRIC
*or the FCC has no idea who to contact about Internet issues.  I suspect,
*but don't know, NRIC sent a letter to IOPS and considers that the industry.

Close!  But no cigar.

Although IOPS communicates with NRIC through the CNRI-based IOPS
coordinator (Ira Richer) who earns that by attending their meetings,
NRIC is actually planning on contacting around 50 ISPs, Telcos
doing ISP-like stuff, some of the larger vendors as well as some
industry groups - all independently.

Kelly J.

--
Kelly J. Cooper        -  Internet Security Officer
GENUiTY                -  Main # - 800-632-7638