RE: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

  • From: rdobbins
  • Date: Fri Jul 07 19:39:06 2000

But that's why we have human beings in the NOCs, no?

As I'm mucking about with the Cisco Netranger/IDS on one of my networks,
I've been able to winnow down the false-positives substantially, and am
still working on improving its reliability further.

I certainly don't think that intrusion-detection makes sense for the
backbones and NAPs and so forth, but when you get closer to the
traffic-orginator/requestor boundaries of the network, it becomes more
feasible, does it not?