RE: LoadBalancing products: Foundry ServerIron

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Fri Jul 07 11:30:21 2000

Yeah, so why bother? As long as load balancers don't have GigE
ports, I can't use them and have to use something like Resonate.
Besides, LBs don't do site-site load balancing. If you want to do
distributed load sharing then there really isn't much choice.
Personally, I don't see benefits of LBs that proper clustering
wont give you. Component clusters work well, much better than
simple LB will give you.

> From: tony bourke: Friday, July 07, 2000 8:01 AM
>
> you can do EtherChannel for more than 100 Mbps, but we all
> know how well
> that works.
>
> Tony
>
> On Fri, 7 Jul
> 2000, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>

> > The last time I looked at one, I couldn't get it in
> > GigE...100baseTX only. Ergo, I couldn't run it on my
backbone.