Re: PGP kerserver infrastructure

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Jun 29 15:23:25 2000

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:02:42 CDT, Rick Irving said:

> Hey, just a thought... does anyone know the "edge" of
> what say, Americans, are allowed to discuss with ,
> say, non-American's, with respect to crypto...
>
> I got zapped for an email to Australia once...

Zapped by whom?  And what did you say?

Note that the *discussion* of crypto has always been pretty open, especially
as regarding published algorithms (they still get touchy if you start chatting
about NSA-only code ;).  Note that discussion can be quite detailed - the
source code of PGP was released as a book.. ;)

The *big* problem was (until lately) the inability to export *source code*
or *object code* for crypto software.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst