Re: Network Solutions, HOSTS

  • From: David Denney
  • Date: Mon Apr 10 17:52:30 2000

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 01:39:25PM -0700, Gregory A. Carter wrote:
> I have been heavily investigating and considering using OpenSRS and
> starting my own mini registry.  This is getting to be abolsutely
> rediculous.  Any comments regarding OpenSRS suggestions?  How do you like
> it?

My only problems with OpenSRS is that they do not allow us
'resellers' to make changes to customer domains. ONLY the
customer may (using a username/passwd) make changes to
their domains. That, obviously, make it hard to provide
top notch customer service for clients who need their hands
help. Also, if the customer does a charge-back of their
payment for the domain the reseller cannot put the domain
on hold or even block it from being transfered elsewhere. :(

--
David Denney           | D i m e n s i o n a l   C o m m u n i c a t i o n s |
[email protected]   | DSL/V90/K56flex/V34/ISDN/Frame/T1/T3 starts @$12/mo |

...they can have my ssh when they pry the keyboard out of my cold, dead hands!