Re: router interfaces

  • From: Chris Cappuccio
  • Date: Mon Apr 10 17:45:59 2000

This really depends on what software the router is using and how optimized it
is

You can easily have thousands of loopback (or other virtual interfaces) on a
PC router running a free OS.  The performance you will get depends on how the
OS handles routing tables and interfaces in the kernel!!!

As far as max next-hop gateways, this should only be limited by the limits of
the routing table.

 | |-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
 | [email protected]             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
 | [email protected] (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
 | [email protected]       * "information is power -- share the wealth."

---
Reverend Chris Cappuccio
http://www.dqc.org/~chris/