Re: Fair Queuing combats DDoS? [was Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned ]

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Thu Feb 10 20:28:38 2000

> I want something for clueful people to be able to type after "conf
> t". Asking people who probably aren't on this mailing list and almost
> certainly don't understand the problem to fix *their* network does not cut
> the mustard.

e.g. the problem with the ddos attacks is that the pain is far removed from
the enabling causes, thus severely weakening prophylactic motivations.  two
trends may help.  as the pain is more universally felt, the motivation may
spread.  and i suspect that the inclination to peer with non-motivated isps
may change.

randy