Re: Netgate.net.nz/ORBS spam colusion

  • From: melinda b. thompson
  • Date: Sat Jan 08 18:03:08 2000

Greg A. Woods dropped this into my mailbox:
Maybe some of you more community minded Americans can convince your
President Clinton that ORBS is indeed a service that the US Gov. should
operate itself in its effort to make the Internet a safer place.
funny you should mention that...in our local paper this morning was a copy of a new york times/chicago tribune article titled: "Clinton proposes cyberspace corps to battle hackers." it goes on to say that a large fund of money will be tentatively funded in fiscal year 2001 (~91 million of a ~2 billion package to fund computer security efforts) to scale up training and research into computer security...which the paper says had been "...scaled back amid criticism and privacy concerns."

not sure if the full article is on the web, but if anyone is interested and it is NOT on the web, write me privately and i'll key it in.

melinda b thompson