Re: Netgate.net.nz/ORBS spam colusion

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Sat Jan 08 12:53:45 2000

[ On Saturday, January 8, 2000 at 08:14:30 (-0800), Owen DeLong wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Netgate.net.nz/ORBS spam colusion
>
> I seriously doubt that publishing a list of known public-nuissances
> is genuinely illegal.  Further, unless Dean has presented netgate
> with a court-order showing that the court has indeed found said
> activity to be illegal, I think they would be negligent in turning
> off said service.

Society, at least our Western society, has a long history of publishing
such lists, and indeed the police are often the ones doing the
publishing.

Maybe some of you more community minded Americans can convince your
President Clinton that ORBS is indeed a service that the US Gov. should
operate itself in its effort to make the Internet a safer place.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>