Re: Mae east?

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Mon Sep 13 12:00:09 1999

Vadim Antonov <[email protected]> writes:

> Brad S. Dreisbach <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Im getting weird syslog messages about the temp.
> >
> >Ive never seen this from my router at 8100 boone.
> >
> >Sep 12 17:00:17 mae.dn.net 662: *Sep 12 12:58:40.754 UTC: %ENVM-4-ENVWARN:
> >chassis outlet 3 measured at 50C/122F
>
> What do other sensors show?
>
> If all temperatures are consistently high, there's a real environmental
> problem.  Otherwise it could be a broken sensor (i've seen that happening
> with cisco gear several times), or a stuck fan in the box.  In any
> case you'd better go there and check what's going on.

The router below yours in that cabinet says the following:

 card     inlet       hotpoint     exhaust
RSP(6)   22C/71F      29C/84F      33C/91F

The router above yours in that cabinet says:

 card     inlet       hotpoint     exhaust
RSP(4)   27C/80F      35C/95F      39C/102F

(if you need someone to escort you in to take a look at your router, i
suppose you know who to call...)

                                        ---Rob