Re: Mae east?

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Sun Sep 12 18:17:35 1999

Brad S. Dreisbach <[email protected]> wrote:
>Im getting weird syslog messages about the temp.
>
>Ive never seen this from my router at 8100 boone.
>
>Sep 12 17:00:17 mae.dn.net 662: *Sep 12 12:58:40.754 UTC: %ENVM-4-ENVWARN:
>chassis outlet 3 measured at 50C/122F

What do other sensors show?

If all temperatures are consistently high, there's a real environmental
problem.  Otherwise it could be a broken sensor (i've seen that happening
with cisco gear several times), or a stuck fan in the box.  In any
case you'd better go there and check what's going on.

--vadim