Re: InterNIC whois not answering?

  • From: Justin W. Newton
  • Date: Thu Jun 12 18:52:08 1997

At 12:25 PM 6/12/97 -0700, Joseph McDonald wrote:

>Is anyone else out there having trouble doing a whois to
>rs.internic.net?  I've tried from 3 diff networks and can't get an
>answer.  This has been going on for at least 2 hours.  Most frustrating.

It looks like the Internic was having trouble with its upstreams.  I was
having apparent trouble with MCI and UUNET earlier this morning, but didn't
have a lot of time at the time to troubleshoot where exactly the problem was.

Justin W. Newton                  voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect            fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
Director At Large, ISP/C           http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."