Re: Request for Comments on a topological address block for N. Calif.

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Sun Sep 24 12:36:46 1995
  • Posted-date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 09:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't think that this will work for a business viewpoint - someone
> will end up giving at least some of these ISPs free transit.
>
> See the attached message that I sent to big-internet earlier this
> month.  My comments apply to metro-based addressing or
> interconnect-based addressing or similar schemes.
> 	[email protected] (Andrew Partan)

	The one way around this is to have all of the players participating
	in such a scheme form a "co-op", so that "long-haul" folks only
	sign one transit agreement, with the co-op.

	A few tweeks to the MPLA's at the AADS and PACBELL NAPS, regarding
	this technique might fly.  At least they are a starting point for such
	discussions.

--
--bill