Re: Is it time to abandon bogon prefix filters?

  • From: Pete Templin
  • Date: Sun Aug 17 20:57:01 2008

Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:
Since there are ways to dynamically filter the bogons, using BGP or DNS,
I don't really see the need to stop doing so. If you're managing your
routing and firewall filters manually, you have bigger problems than the
release of Bogon space.

Can you share the Cisco configuration snippet you recommend to dynamically FILTER bogons using BGP or DNS? Not just inserting null-routes for the bogon aggregates, but preventing the acceptance of more-specifics that transits/peers/customers have managed to sneak past someone's filters (or lack thereof), please.

(Without an offline configuration generator, I postulate that it can't be done.)

pt