RE: was bogon filters, now "Brief Segue on 1918"

  • From: TJ
  • Date: Wed Aug 06 15:24:33 2008

But ... that's part of why RFC1918 is used, so they have this fairly large
address range to play with.
	And remember, what one person calls inefficiency, another calls
flexibility.  Either (or neither) may be right!

Oh, and I don't think we can say RFC1918 doesn't work today - obviously it
does, just possibly inducing lots of head-aches.

And yes, same ideas occur - just with larger numbers :) - in v6.
	To keep the analogy complete, reference ULAs ... with a (more
stringent?) random component.
	(I put a question mark on that just because you can break the spec
and configure non-random ones <grumble>)

/TJ