Re: ICANN opens up Pandora's Box of new TLDs

  • From: Jim Shankland
  • Date: Sat Jun 28 13:27:47 2008

Phil Regnauld wrote:
	Requirement ?  What requirement ?  There's no requirement for
	reverse DNS for email in any RFC.

As a practical matter, I've found that sending out email from a host without rDNS doesn't work: too many sites bounce the mail.

It will not come as news to anyone on this list that the world
of SMTP is hardly well-defined or well-regulated in practice.
Like Rowlf the dog, we can't live with it, we can't live without
it, but we're stuck until something better comes along:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvV9LjBsNw

Jim Shankland