RE: Cloud service [was: RE: EC2 and GAE means end of ip address reputation industry? (Re: Intrustion attempts from Amazon EC2 IPs)]

  • From: Frank Bulk - iNAME
  • Date: Tue Jun 24 00:44:49 2008

Source IP blocking makes up a large portion of today's spam arrest approach,
so we shouldn't discount the CPU benefits of that approach too quickly.

I'm not sure where today's technology is in regards for caching the first 1
to 10kB of a session....once enough information is garnered to block, issue
TCP RSETs.  If it's good, free the contents of the cache.

Frank