Re: Cable Colors

  • From: Lynda
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 21:00:02 2008

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:09:42 -0700 Peter Wohlers <[email protected]>
wrote:

About 7% of the male population in the US has red-green colorblindness, so keep that in mind.

At least in my son's case, bright colors -- like the typical red and green cables -- are easily distinguishable. Pastels are more of a problem.

More than 50% of males are color challenged, even when they aren't color blind. I have noted that orange and red cables near each other can easily be confused, as can blues and greens that are too similar in hue. However...

But for proper cabling, see http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1X6PM -- and make sure you read
the comments...

*That* link requires a put-down-your-coffee warning. Most notable is the number of stars in the rating, which goes hand in hand with the comments. Thank you. I still have tears in my eyes.

--
In April 1951, Galaxy published C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons".
The intervening years have proven Kornbluth right.