Re: Cable Colors

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Mon Jun 16 20:57:57 2008

On 17/06/2008, at 11:00 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

all you people are just sooooo retro and boring.  i like purple,
fluorescent lime, ...

the colors make no difference as long as you are consistent. labeling,
consistent port use (oob port == power port == switch port ==) are what
will bail you out at three in the morning.

My cables are all black, and are scented with different citrus fruits.

When I have a customer without as keen a sense of smell, I've noticed that my local patch cable vendor only does x-over in purple or beige. That made that decision for me fairly quickly.

--
Nathan Ward