Re: amazonaws.com?

  • From: Colin Alston
  • Date: Sun May 25 03:02:33 2008

On 24/05/2008 21:36 Barry Shein wrote:
Anyhow, it's not my problem to get them paid, it's my problem when
they're aiding and abetting criminals who harm me and my business.

Well, all I know is that they deliberately leave the compute cloud ranges in blacklists. I don't really like the idea of using DNS blacklists but they work. As I also said, you have many peoples blessing to simply block the entire range as per their service terms they don't gurantee mail going out at all - blocking 25 entirely would be counter productive to allowing people to use an authenticated relay though unless they used the submission port.

It is entirely possible that the spammers do pay for the service genuinely though, since it's very cheap.

--
Colin Alston ~ http://syllogism.co.za/
"To the world you may be one person, to one person you may be the world" ~ Rachel Ann Nunes.