Re: amazonaws.com?

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Sun May 25 14:16:40 2008

If I may be so bold as to summarize a few posts:

  It's ok to let spammers and other criminals use your systems (e.g.,
  compute clouds) to slam others just so long as you get yourself into
  the various blacklists.

But I thought (routed) bandwidth was the ISP's stock in trade? And
trust (e.g., whaddya think of people who hijack IP blocks?)

I don't think it's ok for someone to be slamming my bandwidth and
computrons, even at the firewall.

As was mentioned some of these clouds are looking at multiple 10gb
connections.

Just because I can fend off seeing their content at my end doesn't
mean I'm not being damaged. I have to keep up with their bandwidth and
firewall computron usage, and managing usage of the blacklists.

That's damages.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | [email protected]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide