Re: Bandwidth issues in the Sprint network

  • From: Brian Raaen
  • Date: Tue Apr 08 13:27:30 2008

I have been using the Java based versions of the speed test. ÂAt this point I
have had some Sprint people get in contact with me so I will see what they
find. ÂThank you for all your help to everyone.

--
Brian Raaen
Network Engineer

> On Monday 07 April 2008, you wrote:
> I am currently having problems get upload bandwidth on a Sprint circuit. I
am using a full OC3 circuit. ÂI am doing fine on downloading data, but
uploading data I can only get about 5Mbps with ftp or a speedtest. ÂI have
tested against multiple networks and this has stayed the same. ÂMonitoring
Cacti graphs and the router I do get about 30Mbps total traffic outbound, but
individual (flows/ip?) test always seem limited. ÂI would like to know if
anyone else sees anything similar, or where I can get help. ÂThe assistance I
have gotten from Sprint up to this point is that they find no problems. ÂDue
to the consistency of 5Mbps I am suspecting rate limiting, but wanted to