Bandwidth issues in the Sprint network

  • From: Brian Raaen
  • Date: Mon Apr 07 15:10:57 2008

I am currently having problems get upload bandwidth on a Sprint circuit. I am
using a full OC3 circuit.  I am doing fine on downloading data, but uploading
data I can only get about 5Mbps with ftp or a speedtest.  I have tested
against multiple networks and this has stayed the same.  Monitoring Cacti
graphs and the router I do get about 30Mbps total traffic outbound, but
individual (flows/ip?) test always seem limited.  I would like to know if
anyone else sees anything similar, or where I can get help.  The assistance I
have gotten from Sprint up to this point is that they find no problems.  Due
to the consistency of 5Mbps I am suspecting rate limiting, but wanted to know
if I was overlooking something else.

--
Brian Raaen
Network Engineer