Re: Hotmail NOC Contact

  • From: Michael Holstein
  • Date: Thu Apr 03 12:07:41 2008

We have identified that messages from your IP (209.255.20.17) are being
blocked based on the recommendations of the Symantec Brightmail as
traffic/e-mail originating from your IP matched characteristics of recent
spam attacks from compromised, or 'zombie' infected, machines.

Do you rewrite/forward mail? .. we're a .edu, and allow our students to forward to hotmail/yahoo/whatever .. so when a phishing/malware sweep hits campus, about 60% is reflected back onto the Internet (sometimes our Anticrap gateway catches it, sometimes not). Because of the way addresses are re-written, it looks like it came from us.

After reviewing the information you provided, we have taken steps to remove
the block. This change should take effect within the next 24-48 hours.

They're true to their word here .. we got ourselves de-listed in ~12hrs.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University