fiber switch for gig

  • From: Andrew Staples
  • Date: Tue Apr 01 21:54:51 2008

Speaking of running gig long distances, does anyone on the list have
suggestions on a >8 port L2 switch with fiber ports based on personal
experience?  Lots of 48 port gig switches have 2-4 fiber uplink ports, but
this means daisy-chains instead of hub/spoke.  Looking for a central switch
for a star topography to home fiber runs that is cost effective and works.

Considering:
DLink DXS-3326GSR
NetGear GSM7312
Foundry SX-FI12GM-4
Zyxel GS-4012F

I realize not all these switches are IEEE 802.3ae, Clause 49 or IEEE 802.3aq
capable.

Andrew