Re: YouTube IP Hijacking

  • From: Justin Shore
  • Date: Mon Feb 25 09:57:26 2008

Christopher Morrow wrote:
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <[email protected]> wrote:
except that even the 'good guys' make mistakes. Belt + suspenders
please... is it really that hard for a network service provider to
have a prefix-list on their customer bgp sessions?? L3 does it, ATT
does it, Sprint does it, as do UUNET/vzb, NTT, GlobalCrossing ...
seriously, it's not that hard.

I know of one tier-1 on that list that made a filtering mistake on one of my own circuits no more than a few months ago. Even some of the biggest players make mistakes.

Justin